PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

1.5 release?

1. chm

Hi,

I seem to recall it being mentioned more than a few times that 1.5 will be released in the beginning of February. It was later said that the main obstacle for the release is the site. But it seems to me that people buy GF for the plugin, not for it's site. So why delay release of the plugin for 1.5+ months when it serves no purpose whatsoever to those who already have a license?

Posted 13 years ago on Wednesday March 16, 2011 | Permalink
  2. There are several pieces related to the 1.5 release besides the main site. There are still a few final pieces to polish up on the new version of the plugin itself, then every thing will be released at one time. We had hoped to release sooner, but we've added some last minute enhancements and improvements to the plugin that pushed the release date out a bit.

If you're in a hurry, the 1.5 release candidate has been available for download for some time. It's stable, has the new features and you can begin using it right away.

Posted 13 years ago on Thursday March 17, 2011 | Permalink
  3. @chm You are correct that the plugin can be used without the site. However, part of the new site is entirely new documentation (including in-depth developer documentation) so that is important.

1.5 introduces a bunch of new features and enhancements and users are going to want to know how to use it properly so the new site includes new documentation which is important to the final release. There are also features related to upgrading and license renewals that utilize the new site, so the new site does play a part in the final 1.5 release beyond just looking good.

4. Any hints on when 1.5 final could be expected, Carl? ;)

5. We are planning on launching it next week.

6. If I create forms with RC4 will I be able to upgrade to 1.5 without a problem ? Would I need to delete RC4 to upgrade to 1.5 ?

7. Yes, you will be able to upgrade without any problems from any version of Gravity Forms to 1.5.

8. How would I do that ? I currently have 1.4.5, I downloaded 1.5RC4 but not able to upgrade automatically for some reason. Please advise

9. Automatic upgrade only works when we push an automatic upgrade to all users.

When you download a development release from the site you have to manually install it either by FTP and overwriting the existing plugin files OR by going to your Plugins page, deactivating Gravity Forms, deleting Gravity Forms and then installing the new plugin files.

When we release the final 1.5 version next week it will be pushed out via automatic upgrade.

10. Thanks for the quick response,

11. Will the new site and version allow us to buy the add ons that we want only, so that we don't have to buy the full developer licence?

Posted 13 years ago on Friday March 18, 2011 | Permalink
  12. @fraggy The Add-Ons will not be available individually, however there will be a new option available for accessing some (not all) of the Add-Ons.

13. Oh Carl you're teasing us! Which addons will we be able to access? Or is that a 'wait and you will see????'

14. vivalet

When will the auto upgrade kick in for dev license holders? My site still says my 1.4.5 is up to date.

Posted 13 years ago on Wednesday March 23, 2011 | Permalink
  15. Automatic Update information is cached by both your WordPress install, and our deployment manager and only refreshed once or twice a day when it checks for updates automatically.

You can try going to Forms > Update in your WordPress dashboard navigation and forcing an update check. If it doesn't show, try refreshing. Otherwise you will have to wait until the update is reflected.

This is done to prevent a mad rush of people updating and causing server issues. Similar to how sites like Facebook and Twitter release updates and Apple releases OS updates.

You can also download the new version from the support site and update manually via FTP or by going to plugins, deactivate and delete Gravity Forms and then upload and activate the new version.

Posted 13 years ago on Wednesday March 23, 2011 | Permalink