PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

important questions before i put my $199 down

1. similar to this post: http://www.gravityhelp.com/forums/topic/create-a-job-board-site

i want to create a front-end user editable database where it will let registered users enter and/or edit a exhibition database. i am sure Gravity Forms can do that but the question is the customization end of things. there are two keys here: add/edit and display. by default, i would like the website that has the Gravity Forms on it to display a listing (by alphabetical order or date of exhibition) and it should be user searchable by industry, location et cetera. i am also looking at the possibility of putting up a featured exhibition right at the top. i need a better answer than 'it would require customization on the front-end for displaying data'. please help before i put down my $199 for it. really hope to hear from anyone real soon. thank you!

Posted 11 years ago on Friday June 1, 2012 | Permalink
  2. oh, i forgot to add that users will need to register first. so it will need a login and register parts.

3. David Peralty

Gravity Forms is about data collection and not display. You can use Gravity Forms to create WordPress posts which would then allow you to display data and search data and do many of the other things you want with the posts. We have a registration add-on which you could use to control registration. Editing submitted data is also something difficult for Gravity Forms to do, but many of our forum members have created a customization to edit entries that have been previously submitted.