So I have already purchased the Single Site License, mostly for testing and seeing how it functioned. So far, I like it, but there are a few things that don't completely jump out at me, so I need to ask to know if this is possible (and quick to implement)...
I am doing work for a Non-Profit, so already - they don't have much money, or time.
They would like to be able to send potential Members to sign-up using a custom form, but then that information is stored until some one approves it on their end, and once approved the new Member becomes an USER (with username/password) and has different permissions.
* So in Outline format, it would go something like this...
* The site is 95% open to the public for everything, except 1 document (only for Members)
* The visitor then completes form (http://gatecitymedia.com/trla2010/?page_id=72, as example)
* All of that information is stored and an Admin looks it over and approves.
* Once approved, the Admin clicks a button, all of the stored data is then moved to the USER area of the Admin Tools.
* Now that new User can login (wp-login.php or whatever) and see the "hidden page" only for users (we will just say "http://gatecitymedia.com/trla2010/?page_id=114" for an example)
If once USER information is moved to USERS table, there is a way to send Emails to all Members (via WordPress, MailChimp, etc).
Now I see the Developer Licenses mentions MailChimp and as of 12/21/2010 there is an User Management Add-on (http://www.gravityhelp.com/gravity-forms-user-registration-add-on-v1-0-beta-2-released/) but since I can't really see any screenshots, or see it function, I need to know if I can use the Add-ons to make what I am trying to do work???
Of course, I still would like a completely custom registration form (as seen above), or I would have just used WishList