I have identified a very specific problem that I've isolated to being caused by the PayPal Add-On. Let me explain.
I have form set up as follows:
- the form is set up to publish posts;
- through a filter in a functions file that Alex provided me, posts are set to go to private;
- I also have the User Registration, MailChimp and PayPal Add-Ons installed and activated (and am using all of them);
- the form is set to redirect to the private post upon form submission and after payment.
Ordinarily, absent the PayPal step, subscribers or other members who submit a post in this way would be redirected to their private post and they would be identified as the author of the post.
However, with the PayPal Add-On activated, the following things happen:
- the post is not registered as being written by them (instead, it defaults to the default author); and
- they are not able to access their private post upon the redirect (instead, they are taken to a 404 error page).
I am sure that it's the PayPal Add-On that's causing this because it all works fine again when I deactivate that and only that Add-On.
My site has not yet been launched so I can't give you a URL. However, I can send one of the GF crew an admin logon if you need to take a look at the site itself.
I really hope there's a fix for this, as the Paypal Add-On makes my business flow optimal. Without it, I'd have to revert to a much more clunky approach.
Many thanks in advance for your help.
P.S. Sorry, but I put this in the wrong forum but can't change that now.