I am developing a site for a national theatre organization that needs the capability to manage their members. Members pay an annual fee and will have access to premium website content. The officers of the organization will need to be able to edit member and subscription information. Part of what the site will feature is a listing of members both by specialty and by name. It looks like there are add-ons (GF Directory & GF User Registration) that will facilitate this easily. However, what I'm concerned about is the ease of managing user data.
A few questions:
1. Do users (subscribers) have to see the backend of wordpress to edit their profiles?
2. Can I assign a role to the officers who just need to be able to deal with user lists and pages/posts? Do they also manage users from the backend and if so, can I change the names of user roles (i.e. Officer/Member vs. Editor/Subscriber).
3. Can a member's full profile (say, from clicking a link on the directory) be viewed on the frontend?
4. Can I put multiple member directories on the site (i.e. a bare-bones version on a public page, more detailed on a protected page)?
5. Could I add a radio box that would let the user choose whether to be in the directory (i.e. "Add me to the directory"?)
It looks like GF might be the best solution out there for me, but I just wanted to check with you before I take the plunge with the developer's license!
Thank you so much!