We've been wrestling trying to integrate the Authorize.net plugin with a form too and ended up getting the same error repeatedly, which was something like:
"There was a problem with your submission. Errors have been highlighted below."
- Cardholder name
- Card number
- Expiration Date
- Security Code
Aside from the highlight, though, there's no other helpful information indicating why there was a problem.
We tried a bunch of things and finally just output the response we were getting from Authorize.net and it showed that Phone was required.
Since there's no way when setting up the form feed to map phone from the Gravity Form to Auth.net, I investigated on the Authorize.net end to see if you can indicate required fields through the Merchant interface and you can.
Here's how we fixed the error:
- Login to the Authorize.net Merchant account
- Click on Account / Settings
- Under Transaction Submission Settings, click the Payment Form link.
- Click the form fields link. This will show you all of the fields "should be viewable, editable, or required when submitting a transaction using the Payment Form."
- Under the required column, uncheck any fields that aren't being passed over in the Gravity Auth.net feed. In our case, we had to uncheck Phone and all of the Shipping Address fields.
- Go back to your form and test again. Once the fields you're passing over from Gravity Forms (visible in the Feed you've setup under Forms/Authorize.net in the WP Dashboard) match the required fields in Auth.net, you should be fine.
I hope this helps,
Eric & the IvyCats