PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

User Registration V1.5 beta 1.11 > Saving a picture

1. Three days ago I reported this issue: http://www.gravityhelp.com/forums/topic/delete-values-with-user-registration.

I got a new beta version of the User Registration plug-in via Chris Hajer. It solves the previous stated problem, but it introduces a new issue: I can't save the profile image anymore.

Here's what I'm doing:

In the user profile I've added a field:

<tr>
    	<th><label for="user_foto">Avatar</label></th>

<td>
    		<input type="text" name="user_foto" id="user_foto" value="<?php echo esc_attr( get_the_author_meta( 'user_foto', $user->ID ) ); ?>" class="regular-text" /><br />

</td>
    </tr>

and I save it with:

update_user_meta( $user_id, 'user_foto', $_POST['user_foto'] );

In my form I've added a file upload field like this:

Example 1

And I mapped it with User Registration like this:

Example 2

Like I said earlier, this worked fine until I've installed your version. Can you analyse what's going wrong?

Posted 11 years ago on Wednesday February 20, 2013 | Permalink
  2. Can you take a look at the usermeta table and see if there are entries for user_foto for existing users, and what happens when you edit their profile? Also, if you create a new user via the Users admin rather than a Gravity Form, can you add the profile picture there?

Posted 11 years ago on Friday February 22, 2013 | Permalink
  3. Hi Chris,

Thanks for your reply. I've been investigating it further, and everything seemed allright. After investigating it further I've stumbled upon a mistake I've made.. So the User Registration plug-in works fine!

This topic can be closed.

4. We'll close it. Thank you for the update and I'm glad you found the trouble.

This topic has been resolved and has been closed to new replies.