PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

100% Discount?

1. I'm unable to set a 100% discount on an entire order. On the form itself it appears as a total of $0.00 but once the amount is passed to PayPal the discount is no longer applied. However, discounts are applied to both the form and PayPal as long as there is some amount left to be paid by the user.

Any idea what's going wrong?

Posted 11 years ago on Friday January 4, 2013 | Permalink
  2. David Peralty

Paypal doesn't allow a 100% discount on their end. From their perspective, what do you need a payment processor for if the value is zero...

3. Ah, interesting. Is there a way to tell my form not to send the user to PayPal at all if the total is $0?

4. David Peralty

If you are using a discount code or something to get them to zero dollars, you could use the Paypal condition option in the Paypal Feed set-up to say Send to Paypal if Discount Field is not DISCOUNTCODE. Then if the discount code is typed it, it won't send the user to Paypal.

5. I was actually already using the condition option for another scenario. Is it possible to set up two conditions for the same PayPal form?

6. David Peralty

No, it is currently not possible to set multiple conditions for Paypal on the same form. I'll ask the developers about what else you can do.

7. Zero dollar transactions are not normally sent to PayPal. Are you using the PayPal Standard or PayPal Pro add-on? If the total is $0.00, the transaction would not normally go to PayPal, and you can use your condition for whatever your other scenario is.