PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

1.4 Beta 3 release Feedback - Post Templates

1. Hi Carl,

Great upgrade! This has made a huge difference! Just some feedback on the post template capability

I built a hidden post and title field in my job submission form. No problem with the HTML template in the post field, but the template for the title field doesn't work. I can't seem to come up with a way to write form values into the post title field? It comes back as untitled every time.

It seemed weird that the title field would have a "post template" option, rather than a "title template" option.

Finally, it would be great to be able to disable comments on posting.

Thanks!

Posted 13 years ago on Saturday August 14, 2010 | Permalink
  2. The Post Content Template on the Post Title field does not modify the Post Title. It modifies the Post Body. You don't need to put a Post Body field on your form, you could just put the Post Title field and use the Post Content Template field and still create the body.

However we see how that can add some confusion so we are going to eliminate that as well as add a Post Title Template functionality to the Post Title field so it has the same functionality for controlling the content.

Posted 13 years ago on Monday August 16, 2010 | Permalink
  3. Brilliant - that's good news, thanks Carl.

Once again - fantastic update, and with the title template capability we have a perfect solution for the jobs board.

By the way, I love the t-shirts your default avatars wear on these forums. Can I buy one of those? :-)

All the best,

Posted 13 years ago on Monday August 16, 2010 | Permalink