PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

1.5.2.3 Upgrade Issues: IE, FF, Passing Variables to PayPal

1. mack785

Internet Explorer 8 does not have full editing functions of forms. Fields can be created but not moved. FireFox seems to be able to handle everything ok.

The real problem is why all the variables will not get passed through to PayPal. First Name, Last Name, Email and phone get sent fine. As well as the amount and for what. The address is missing: street, city, state, zip. It's like this on a live form and one in production.

Have re-entered those values about 5 bazillion times! Have experimented with re-ordering them - no change. Tried adding the :value I saw recommended for a different issue - that didn't help. The one field I know that is not set-up properly for PayPal is the state. They want just the 2 letter abbreviation. Even when I enter just two letters, or have eliminated the field, it doesn't work.

Suggestions welcome!

Posted 12 years ago on Wednesday June 15, 2011 | Permalink
  2. Are you using the PayPal Add-On for PayPal integration? You shouldn't have to do anything more than configure it. The PayPal Add-On does pass the 2 letter state abbreviation.

If the address is not being passed to PayPal this is because PayPal is rejecting the address. PayPal does address validation on any address passed to it and if it does not match their geolocation data, it won't prepopulate those fields. So what is happening is the address you are using is being rejected by PayPal so it must be entered again.

This can happen when using dummy test data because it's probably an address that doesn't exist. If the address does exist, PayPal's API is rejecting it... it just means the address has to be entered again.

As for the form editor not working in IE 8, this is going to be a site specific issue. Most likely a theme or plugin conflict. You can test for conflicts by following the steps found here:

http://www.gravityhelp.com/documentation/page/Testing_for_a_Theme/Plugin_Conflict

3. mack785

No -- not using the PayPal Add-On. *Pretty* sure real address have been used during testing....will double check that.

Will look at the plug-in conflict guide.

Thanks.

4. mack785

Ok -- did a quick test using real info for all fields and 2 letter state. Less contact info was passed this time -- only the email address. I'll have to get back to this tomorrow when I have more time to test.

5. If you are redirecting to PayPal and passing values in the query string then you need to make sure you are passing the correct query string parameters, etc. I am not familiar with how to integrate with PayPal this way.

Our PayPal Add-On handles PayPal integration without the use of a query string redirect. It directly integrates with PayPal via their API.

Posted 12 years ago on Thursday June 16, 2011 | Permalink