PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

1.6 And Masks - Description text is pushed down?

1. bleckett

I'm not sure if there is a place to report using/testing your current beta, so I thought I'd post here

First, GF is pretty amazing and the new features in 1.6 are great!
    Here are a few things I've noticed while trying to make a form.

1. Single Line Text & Masks push the description down
    To repeat..
    - Adding a form with default settings (Label on top, description below
    - Add a Single Line Text field
    - Add a field label and description
    - Update and display - everything is great (including in my theme)
    - Check Input Mask Update and display - everything is great (including in my theme)
    - Select a Standard Mask (ie Date) Update and display - preview form is good, my them is not

The description is now pushed down.
    I don't know why this would happen.
    Does anyone have an idea?

Unfortunately, I'm working locally, so there is no online location to demonstrate this.
    I'm wondering what I can do on my end to fix fix this.

Posted 12 years ago on Sunday September 11, 2011 | Permalink
  2. My tests all work fine.. both with the standard "below input" label option

screenshot: http://i.imgur.com/AClhK.png

and the "above label' option.

screenshot: http://i.imgur.com/yi9xV.png

I tried a few different masks and description placement options but never could replicate any spacing issue.

Honestly, without seeing your theme, I'm not really going to be able to give you any guidance. I need to see what other CSS is being inherited, etc. Whenever you have a publicly accessible version, I'll be happy to take a look. If it's a dev version, you can even password protect it and send me a login if you'd like.

Send it to kevin@rocketgenius.com and please reference this topic URL so I can refer back to it. I get tons of email a day and it helps a ton if i can go back and catch up.

Posted 12 years ago on Monday September 12, 2011 | Permalink
  3. bleckett

Hi Kevin, thanks for the quick reply
    I'm going to put something up today and let you know.

Also on side note, if I use the masks, say they're required, enter info, then tap the next button, they empty out and say This Field is required. I'll put this up as well (appears in the Form Preview as well).

4. bleckett

Sent you an EMail.
    Also regarding validation and the masks, when I export the form, delete it, and then re-import it, the validation works as expected. Not sure it it's just related to the masks, though... or even some type of caching problem (using Chrome on MAC mostly)? Anyway - just wanted to give you a heads up on that as well. Cheers....

5. Got your email Blaine. I'll check it out and see what I can come up with.

6. Okay, this is what I found with the spacing. Something in your theme is introducing a rogue paragraph tag after the input and just before the mask script/field description. That's where your extra spacing is coming from.

screenshot: http://i.imgur.com/hbSMB.png

You can see that in preview mode, it doesn't have the extra paragraph tag..

screenshot: http://i.imgur.com/shaSn.png

That said, there's some script in either your theme or another plugin that's introducing the markup. You'll want to try testing for theme and plugin conflicts and see what you can come up with.

7. bleckett

Thanks Kevin, your first screenshot is not there :(
    Since I disabled all plugins - It must be the theme. I'll see what I can do.... Thanks!

8. Odd. I updated the image link. Sorry about that. Yeah, some themes have quite a bit of scripting that comes with them.. I've seen a few similar problems come from the theme itself before.