PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

2-Column Form

1. I am not able to get a 2-column form to display correctly. Please see bottom of page: http://www.texasseniorbenefits.com/l/medicare-supplement/ . I have read thru the forums on using the CSS Ready Classes...and I am fairly certain it is an issue with my theme stylesheet...even trying to debug with Firebug. However, I am a CSS newbie and not able to figure out.

Any help or advice would be appreciated greatly...thanks in advance.

Posted 13 years ago on Wednesday February 9, 2011 | Permalink
  2. First thing you need to do is update the version of Gravity Forms running on that site to the latest development release. We have made tweaks and enhancements to the Ready Classes so we need to make sure that those changes don't fix the issue.

The latest version is on this site, it is Gravity Forms v1.5 Release Candidate 4.

3. OK...update is complete. Now forms are showing the bullets for each field...oh no...I had corrected that in the forms.css file and must have overwritten the file!!!!

Now have to figure out bullet issue again and get the 2-column form tweaked.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Also, any tips on how to maintain any CSS tweaks between upgrades?!

4. Never make changes in the forms.css file for Gravity Forms. The bullet issue wasn't a Gravity Forms issue, it was an issue with your theme stylesheet.

You need to make changes/customizations in your themes stylesheet specifically because upgrading Gravity Forms will overwrite any changes you have made.

The bullet issue is discussed in the FAQ as the first question under "Formatting/Styling" here:

http://www.gravityhelp.com/frequently-asked-questions/

So all style customizations would go in your themes stylesheet.