PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

2 Different Notification Emails?

1. Are we able to send TWO DIFFERENT EMAIL notifications depending on what the user has inputed (through conditional logic)?

Posted 11 years ago on Monday April 22, 2013 | Permalink
  2. David Peralty

Our 1.7Beta 2 would make this easy as we have conditional notifications in that version. We separated out notifications and confirmations so you can have as many as you want. It is fairly stable too, so check it out.

3. Thank you! When is it coming out for release?

4. David Peralty

I am not certain, as it depends on a number of external factors. The second beta is extremely stable.

5. Thank you David! :)

Do I replace the Gravity Forms plugin that I have no with the Beta2?

6. David Peralty

That's correct, using FTP you remove the Gravity Forms folder and then upload the new one.

7. I am not able to do this through Wordpress?

And if for whatever reason - I don't want this Beta version - can I go back to the old one I had...with all of the forms that I have created?

Thank you!

Daniel

8. David Peralty

Forms are all stored in the database, so you can roll back. You can upgrade using WordPress, by first removing the files of the current version through the Plugins page in WordPress Admin, and then by uploading the new version.

9. Or can't I just add the plugin - without removing the old gravity plugin?

10. David Peralty

Nope, you can't have two versions of Gravity Forms running at the same time.

11. So just to confirm:

I am deleting the current Gravity Forms plugin and uploading the new one - correct?

And if for whatever reason I want to go to the one that I have right now -- I just re-upload it...correct?

Let me know! :)

Thank you!

Daniel

12. correction...

I would just need to "deactivate" it, not delete it - correct?

Thank you David! :)

Daniel

13. David Peralty

You would need to deactivate and delete the old version. Then upload the new version. You can go back to the old version, but I don't think you'd want to. You might want to set up a test install somewhere else to check out 1.7 Beta 2 to make sure it will work the way you want.

If you don't feel comfortable using the Beta, there is always conditional shortcodes for the notification message that you can use: http://www.gravityhelp.com/documentation/page/Shortcodes

You can find the details about half way down the page.

14. Hmmmm...

I was able to put this new beta plugin on my other domain.

I thought you are only limited to one plugin per domain?

Daniel

15. David Peralty

Not exactly sure what you mean, but we don't have a limit per domain with Gravity Forms. I just said you can't run two installs on one WordPress blog.

16. Sorry about that, I figure it out.

I am wondering -- is it possible to schedule a notification email to the user?

For example, scheduling it for it to be sent a day later?

Thank you!

Daniel