PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

2 different languages in backend

1. facupuig

As you can see in the image
    http://cl.ly/5tof
    I have Spanish and (I guess) is German, I want only Spanish, or English if I have to have mixed, but no German cause I can't understand it.
    I am using Wordpress 3.1.2 and Gravity 1.5.1
    How can I fix this?

Thank you

Posted 13 years ago on Monday April 11, 2011 | Permalink
  2. We've had reports the Spanish language translation file supplied to us by a user has a problem and we will be replacing it in an update with a new translation file. In order to fix this now you would have to delete the spanish translation file located in the gravityforms/languages folder.

Posted 13 years ago on Monday April 11, 2011 | Permalink
  3. I'm having the same issue can I change the lang? manually?
    Sort of need it...

Posted 12 years ago on Tuesday April 26, 2011 | Permalink
  4. Never mind just commented out the load_textdomain for now.

Posted 12 years ago on Tuesday April 26, 2011 | Permalink
  5. lalomarquez

Hi Highvoltag3! Where did you commented that line? Thank you. Ed.

Posted 12 years ago on Thursday April 28, 2011 | Permalink
  6. lalomarquez

Never mind, found it in gravityforms.php file

7. Sorry just got the email about your question..

8. cristinav

I have the same problem, I had to delete gravityforms-es_ES.mo.
    When will be the spanish file fixed?
    Is there a way to create this file so I can do it?
    Thanks

Posted 12 years ago on Thursday May 5, 2011 | Permalink
  9. After this weeks update Spanish is still highly broken commenting out load_plugin_textdomain again from gravityforms.php if it were a free plugin I would complete the .PO and send it.. but it isn't :p

For those with the same issue, comment out (that means add to forward slashes // ) before the text in gravityform.php line 89 load_plugin_textdomain.

So that would end up being //load_plugin_textdomain ........

Posted 12 years ago on Friday May 6, 2011 | Permalink
  10. @highvoltag3 We don't provide official translations. The translation files that are included were done as a courtesy to users who took it upon themselves to translate the plugin and asked us to include them in the release. The Spanish translation file was supposed to be removed in the last release but was included again by accident, it will be removed from the next release.

We will be introducing official translations later this year. Until then the translations currently included were user supplied by Gravity Forms users as a courtesy to the community.

The easiest solution is not to edit code, it is to delete the spanish translation file in the gravityforms/languages folder. It won't be included in the next release.

11. Thanks for the reply Carl :)

Looking forward to the official translation then, BTW I know WPML just released a Add-on for GF but it would be nice to see some native option, I am currently adapting it to the site that uses a native load_theme_textdomain by using the custom filters for sublabels and different forms for the different languages and translate the theme depending on the users browser lang or the lang chosen by the user, I know the sublabel get translated by default that nice but any text that's in the form obviously doesn't it would be nice to have a way of setting different langs in the forms and use the default load_textdomain for it.

Just a thought ;) I'm really liking the plugin :)