PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

2 drop-down menus, with the value of the second depending on value of the first?

1. Is it possible to have 2 drop-down menus, with the value of the second depending on what is selected in the first one?

I'll explain what I'm doing, then it may make more sense.

I creating a site for a foundation that teaches various courses. The first drop-down will have a list of all the courses and the second drop-down will have a list of course lengths (1 day, 2 day, longer). The user can select their course from the first drop-down, and the second will automatically show the length of that course.

The idea is that the second drop-down will be hidden, but further sections will depend on the length of the course, using conditional logic.

Posted 12 years ago on Thursday May 19, 2011 | Permalink
  2. The only way you could do this is via conditional logic by hiding the 2nd drop down and then showing it when the 1st drop down is selected. You can't make it change another field value, you can only show/hide fields using conditional logic.

Posted 12 years ago on Thursday May 19, 2011 | Permalink