PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

2 part form - can a user return later to complete form?

1. first of all, you guys rock. this plugin is amazingly well done.

question 1:
    one little thing is not working: i can't preview a form. i get a url like this:
    http://xxx.org/wp-content/plugins/gravityforms/preview.php?id=1
    that has 'w' logo and 'form preview' but rest of page is blank. although i see there is a bunch of html loaded. this is really not a big deal but i want to make sure it's not an indication of other problems. my first test form works great so far - it populates database and i can also get a email notification.

question 2:
    is there any way to have part of a form filled out and then have that user be invited back to the site to fill out part two of the same form? maybe email them a randomly generated number associated with the form and then a template will take the number and pass back the form to reedit? maybe first and second field groups can be hidden via css as needed?

the thing is that i don't want users to log into WP to do this. if that was the only way then could i limit them to their form somehow?

i assume this is not possible but thought I'd ask.

Posted 14 years ago on Tuesday April 20, 2010 | Permalink
  2. If the preview isn't working then there is something going on with your WordPress install. It's possible it could be a plugin conflict. But it could also be a server related issue with either permissions or permalink rewriting.

Currently there is no way to do multi-part forms or having the data partially saved and the user returning at a later time to complete the submission.

Posted 14 years ago on Tuesday April 20, 2010 | Permalink
  3. well, I've installed dozens of wp sites on my plesk server and I've got everything else working fine so i can't guess what might be wrong on the server side. i'll have to test for plugin conflict.
    but my more important question - might this issue effect the way the plugin works in other ways? should i be worried about it?

Posted 14 years ago on Wednesday April 21, 2010 | Permalink
  4. We've had reports of some users having issues with PLESK involving PHP Safe Mode. If your server has PHP Safe Mode turned ON you can run into issues. Although the issues are usually related to file uploads and directory creation when doing exports and uploads.

Posted 14 years ago on Wednesday April 21, 2010 | Permalink
  5. safe mode is definitely off.

Posted 14 years ago on Sunday April 25, 2010 | Permalink
  6. This isn't the first time we have encountered strangeness with a site running Plesk. It seems to cause a lot of quirks. Make sure all your file permissions are correct.

We have had Plesk users who had set file permissions, but despite the fact it appeared the file permissions were correct... the access level that PHP executed at still did not have access to the file.

This could be what is happening with your preview, because it may not have proper permissions to execute the PHP which is why the static portions may appear properly. So you may want to look at file permissions.

Posted 14 years ago on Sunday April 25, 2010 | Permalink
  7. i used to have permission issues but i now follow these instructions for plesk:
    http://www.dustinsdesign.com/perfect-permissions-for-joomla-and-plesk/comment-page-1/#comment-7609
    and all my permission issues went away.

anyway, i tried the preview feature on another site on my server and it worked. so i assume that means it's a plugin conflict. i'll keep an eye on it but the form seems to be working.

Posted 14 years ago on Monday April 26, 2010 | Permalink
  8. If it's a plugin conflict, you can narrow it down by deactivating all plugins and then test Gravity Forms. Then activate each of your other plugins one by one, testing Gravity Forms after each one.

Posted 14 years ago on Monday April 26, 2010 | Permalink
  9. I've found that changing the web hosting setting in Plesk to run php as ISAPI solves alot of wordpress problems. You might try that.

Posted 13 years ago on Thursday May 27, 2010 | Permalink

This topic has been resolved and has been closed to new replies.