PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

3 Step form process,

1. This is what I'm trying to accomplish:

1. Prospect fills out a form with multiple questions, and an email address of an advisor
    2. Email is sent to specified email address of advisor in step 1, with a link to fill out a different form
    3. Advisor fills out form, and results of the form and feedback based on answers is sent back to the original prospect in step 1, who started the form process

Is this possible?

Posted 10 years ago on Wednesday July 3, 2013 | Permalink
  2. David Peralty

1.) This part is fairly easy and I don't see any stumbling blocks here.
    2.) You'll want to make sure the link to the form includes a query string. The value of which should be the e-mail address of the person you want the second form sent to.
    3.) You'll want an e-mail address field that is populated by the query string in the link that's included in the e-mail.

The notification will be set to send to that hidden field e-mail address. You can hide the e-mail address in the second form using CSS.

So the link in the e-mail should be like:
    http://site.com/form2?emailadd=me@domain.com

The second form should have a field that has Allow Populate Dynamically checked off with a parameter of emailadd.

Then that will be automatically filled out and useful to you when sending the second e-mail notification.

I hope that helps.

3. I'm glad this is possible, but I need help with the query string. Since the email address will vary (as step 1 points out, dependent on who fills out the form)

Can I get more details on the query string? Is this something I'd post in functions.php? Do you have a sample I could look at?

4. David Peralty

When you set-up your e-mail notification for the advisor, you'll include a link to the second form. You will append the link with the merge tag for the e-mail field that the user filling out the form included.

So it would look like http://site.com/form2?emailadd={Email: 1}

Hope that helps.

This topic has been resolved and has been closed to new replies.