PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

4 Part Form

1. AndrewTraub

I'd like to create a three part form that looks like this:
    1) Enter information
    2) Enter login information
    3) Review agreement
    4) Pay with paypal and be added as a user

I've got step 1 and 2 working with a multi-part form and the user is registered (I haven't enabled the paypal integration yet).

1) Is it possible for me to change the multi-page form to show step 1 of 4 and step 2 of 4 instead of 1 of 2 and then 2 of 2?
    2) How do I then display the form fields back within the text of another page - can I use tokens?

Thanks,

Andrew

Posted 12 years ago on Monday October 24, 2011 | Permalink
  2. Regarding your second question: you can pass form values from the submission to a new page, in the query string. Assuming this is the last page of your first form submission, you can use a redirect as the confirmation, and build a query string to send the parameter names and values for the data you want to send to the next page. If there is no form there, you will need to grab those values from the query string in your page template. If there is a form there, you can allow the fields to be populated dynamically, then match the parameter names to the parameter names you send from the first form.

Regarding changing the names of the steps: I'm not sure if there is a filter that can override those, but you can chose not to show them at all, then add your own CSS to hide or display "1 of 4" and "2 of 4" text, based on which page you're on. Or, you could modify the page with jQuery. There's probably more than one way to approach it.

Posted 12 years ago on Tuesday October 25, 2011 | Permalink
  3. AndrewTraub

Thanks - on one page (http://www.gravityhelp.com/documentation/page/Developer_Docs) there's a link to "Formatting Post Content when using Post Fields" but the link doesn't work - is that a sample of how to populate a post or page with the input from the form?

4. You can create posts with your form entry by using post fields in the form. Have you already done that? If so, the post will be created automatically. Once that's set up correctly, we can work on how to format the content.

5. AndrewTraub

Right now I've just created the form and tested that it works to create a new user with all the custom fields. What I'd like to do is create a page which displays the results back in a contract and give the visitor the chance to update the form/change the values. After that, they pay to accept the terms.

So right now, how do I display the results of a form that was just entered on a page and give the visitor the ability to modify the forms entries?

Thanks,

Andrew