PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

4 sites - one database

1. eclick718

I need to know if gravity forms will work on multiple sites and post to a single DB?

My host says we can do all sites to a single DB; but what about gravity forms? do I need multiple purchased copies? or

can 4 different sites post to one DB?

I frames?

can this even work

Posted 12 years ago on Monday December 12, 2011 | Permalink
  2. Gravity Forms is licensed per site. Assuming you have a license that allows four sites, this will work. For each site, be sure to use a different table prefix. You can have hundreds of unique sites in one database so long as the table prefix (wp_ by default) is different for each unique site. Otherwise, all the sites will be writing to the same tables which is not what if you want to different sites.

Are your four sites all unique, with a need for 4 installations? Or are you writing the data one time and using it four times, for four exactly duplicate sites?

3. eclick718

4 sites are IDENTICAL - same content, same images, same words... Only the domain name and the logo need to change.

Plus i need to have a single location to view the leads.. I'm totally lost here.

Can you please explain my option?

Need to resolve this asap.

4. Hi eclick718,

This is more of WordPress question than a Gravity Forms one. If you are able to configure a single installation of WordPress to run under 4 different domain names and Gravity Forms is installed on that single WordPress installation, I do not anticipate any issues.

5. eclick718

I dont think I will be able to get the 4 installs working properly.

I think I am going to be limited to the IFRAMES solution.

How do i iframe a side (widget form) from site1 into site2 and make it look like site1

Thanks. I guess this is the simplest solution.

e

Posted 12 years ago on Tuesday December 13, 2011 | Permalink
  6. Again, this is a WordPress question or a design decision. What are you trying to do exactly? Have four different sites with identical content, create your forms on one of the sites, then include the same form on four different sites, and want that one form to look like whichever form the iframe is embedded in?

Posted 12 years ago on Thursday December 15, 2011 | Permalink