PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

500 Error due to .htaccess modification

1. I've been getting a 500 error due to a plugin modifiying .htacess a lot lately, and I'm trying to figure out what's causing it. I suspected W3 Total Cache, so that was removed, which didn't fix it.

Are there known compatibility issues with gravity forms and other plugins? Have you seen this before?
    Many thanks for your help!

http://www.sherpaoutpost.com

Posted 11 years ago on Friday June 1, 2012 | Permalink
  2. Gravity Forms does not modify your .htaccess file. Can you post the contents of your .htacccess file at pastebin.com or pastie.org so we can take a look? Or can you post a modified and broken .htaccess along with an unmodified .htaccess file so we can see what's going on?

3. also, just removing W3 total cache doesn't mean your .htaccess file is reset properly, I would go into the admin dash -> settings -> permalinks and click "save" again. make sure it takes the change (ie. doesn't give an error about writing the change to the .htaccess file) and reload the page. that might help....