PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

500 internal error after upgrading plugin

1. Carlo

Hi, it once happened to me and today again...
    When I update the GF plugin, the page where WP shows the operations doesn't say "plugin reactivated". It stops and then I have a 500 Internal Error.
    Last Time I had to reset the wp-option table and reconfigure the site, saving the posts.
    This time it seems to have problems with my theme: but it iwas working fine before I tried to update the plugin! Is there anything I should check?
    Thank you very much.

Posted 12 years ago on Monday May 30, 2011 | Permalink
  2. Raoni

It happened the same for me! My site was down after upgrade to 1.5.2.3.

Anything changed?

3. 500 error is a web server error. So your site had a problem, most likely a resource issue. Possibly PHP memory related when it tried to do the update.

4. Carlo

Thank you Carl, is there a memory setting that you think is fine for the update? How many MB?

Posted 12 years ago on Saturday June 4, 2011 | Permalink
  5. I would recommend at least 64 MB or 128 MB if your web host supports it. Some web hosts default to 16 MB which is extremely low.

Posted 12 years ago on Sunday June 5, 2011 | Permalink
  6. Carlo

nothing... memory is 128MB
    When I launch automatic upgrade it doesn't reactivate the plugin. from that moment, if I reload the admin, it doesn't work anymore and I have to restore db to work again...

Posted 12 years ago on Sunday June 12, 2011 | Permalink