PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Admin shows 41644 entries but export to csv only shows 25201

1. fishnyc22

Hey all. My admin area shows 44k+ entries, but when I export my CSV file and import into iwork Numbers or Excel I only see 25201 entries. Not sure where the other rows are? Possibly a special character breaking the csv file? Possibly an export timeout? Not sure whats going on but really need to get that data out of my list! Thanks for the help in advance!

Dave

Posted 11 years ago on Thursday August 23, 2012 | Permalink
  2. Dave,

What happens if you try exporting in smaller chunks? Usually incomplete exports does mean it's too much for the server to process. You could potentially try raising your PHP Memory limit to see if that combats the issue:

http://www.nerdgrind.com/increase-wordpress-and-php-memory-limit/

3. fishnyc22

Hey Rob, Thanks for the VERY quick response. I exported my list out in chunks of 7 days and I now have the full amount. AWESOME!

Since I'm normally not the person that exports the list I need to try and solve the problem of it not exporting properly all at once. I tried increasing the memory to 128M in the wp-config file but it sill only exported 31801 rows of data. Should I bump it up even more as a test? I don't remember every adding more than 128M to PHP.

Thanks again for the help.

4. The only way to know for sure how much memory being used during export is to monitor it. It is possible that you need more than 128M if you're working with very large datasets.

Also, if the PHP config does not allow 128M, setting that in wp-config. php won't get you more than what php.ini allows.

Posted 11 years ago on Friday August 24, 2012 | Permalink