PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

after update to v1.6.4.1 pricing calculation still not correct

1. I have updated to the new release as instructed - cleared browser cache, restarted browser and total pricing is still $0.00. The correct pricing is passing through to Paypal. I tested this on Chrome and Firefox with the same results. Appreciate any help.

Posted 11 years ago on Tuesday May 1, 2012 | Permalink
  2. Can you please post a URL to your form.

3. Sure thing! Here it is:
    http://www.kalamazoojuniorgolf.org/registration

4. Rob,
    I have removed this code from the registration page as instructed by Carl. It was fix suggested by someone since my form is hidden after the update release. I know this is not a fix but at least my form can be seen. Just wanted you to be aware. Sorry if this cause more problems. Appreciate the help.

Code removed from registration page: <style>
    .gform_wrapper {
    display: block !important;
    }
    </style>

5. The issue is another plugin on your site is enqueuing a VERY OLD version of jQuery, v1.4.4. See this screenshot:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/185347/Slingshot/Pictures/Screen%20Shot%202012-05-01%20at%201.31.50%20PM.png

WordPress v3.3 uses jQuery v1.7.1 and that is what Gravity Forms v1.6.4+ is expecting to be there because it uses jQuery v1.7.1 functionality.

Themes and plugins should always use the version of jQuery that comes with WordPress. When theme and plugin developers do not do so, it causes issues such as this.

You have another plugin on your site that is not doing so and is bringing it's own, old, version of jQuery and therefore WordPress is not outputting the correct version.

Because Gravity Forms v1.6.4+ makes use of functionality in jQuery v1.7.1 and your site is not loading jQuery v1.7.1 because of that other plugin (nmedia mailchimp widget) it is triggering a javascript error that is preventing things such as conditional logic, pricing calculations, etc. to function properly.

You need to either correct that plugin so it uses jQuery v1.7.1 like WordPress itself, or deactivate/remove that plugin.

Gravity Forms can integrate with MailChimp if you have access to the MailChimp Add-On so that mailchimp widget plugin is technically unnecessary. You can use Gravity Forms to do what it does.

6. Carl,
    Plugin deactivated and pricing calculation is now correct. Many thanks for troubleshooting this issue and for your / your teams' prompt response.

Sincerely,
    Chin..

7. Awesome, glad you got it sorted.

This topic has been resolved and has been closed to new replies.