Thanks for the info. So, I followed the instructions listed above and spent quite awhile coding (our form is an online web application that is really large - though I must say Gravity handles it very well!) and I am not getting the results I expected.
Here is what I did:
1.) Changed the 'gform_pre_submission_filter_1' (as this is form ID 1)
2.) Created variables based on the ID's I got from inspecting the HTML using Firebug
3.) Wrote the HTML for the email accordingly (and corresponding to the template given above)
4.) Add this entire code to functions.php
5.) Filled out another application as a test (cannot wait for 1.6 so that I can just resubmit :) )
Here is what happened:
I immediately got an email with the ORIGINAL formatting (blue/white/alternating table style that I am trying to change)
Then, about 2 minutes later, I got an email of what looks like half of my custom HTML email. All of my regular text is showing; however, none of my variables are showing up.
Here is the code: (bear in mind, this is still very rough, since it is the first iteration, I just used separate lines for each item to make tweaking easier. Then, I think I will go back and make it pretty).
Here is the web url: http://www.webapps.acsdish.com/acs-employment-application
Here is the code I wrote: http://pastie.org/2428578
Here is the result that I got in email: http://pastie.org/2428594
It appears as though it is just not pulling in the variables.
Posted 8 years ago on Thursday August 25, 2011 | Permalink