Just in case anyone's interested in this, I've figured out how to have a form automatically submit to the author of the post the page appears on.
<?php $author_email_addy = get_the_author_meta( 'user_email' ); gravity_form( 3, $display_title=false, $display_description=true, $display_inactive=false, $field_values = array( 'author_email'=> $author_email_addy ), $ajax=true ); ?>
3 is the ID of the form, FYI, and I'm doing this all via a function call, not using the shortcode / WP Post Editor.
'author_email'=> $author_email_addy, this is the important part.
- Add an
- Editing that field, click the Advanced tab
- Click Allow Field to be Populated Dynamically, and enter
author_emailas the value.
- Save the form and go to Notifications
- Scroll down and tick the box Notification to Users
- In the Send To: field, choose the Email field from step 1 above