I came across two bugs in migrating forms to production. My local environment uses a made up tld, .loc, so really all I have to replace is sitename.loc with sitename.com or what have you.
The migration process involves dumping the database, replacing the references with sed, then rsync to server and import the database. I've been doing this for a while without any issues. I realize there is an export function built into gravity forms but 1) it changes form ids 2) it's not nearly as quick and easy as calling a bash script.
With that said. I noticed two things that cause form migration to fail and they even disrupt the xml exporting under some conditions, I thought you would like to know
The following bugs result in the "oops unable to locate form" message.
Using double quotes in the confirmation message even using single qoutes on an
<a href="#">my link</a> breaks the migration
The workaround here is to use single quotes.
The workaround is the same as below.
Bug 2) This one boggles my mind, having a link in the redirection field under "advanced" form options.
The workaround for me here is to remove the link, migrate to production and manually add the URL on the live site.