PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Calculation Value changes on Submit

  1. sr83
    Member

    I have created a quote builder for a client using GF mulitpage form. For testing I have added an additional page with fields showing the quote/totals before they click submit.

    However, when I display these totals in the confirmation message the value is different which implies that the calculation is breaking/failing on submit.

    Posted 10 years ago on Thursday June 14, 2012 | Permalink
  2. sr83
    Member

    I still haven't found a fix for this issue. The error can be seen here: http://79.170.44.95/tiocomm.co.uk/get-a-quote

    Posted 10 years ago on Sunday June 17, 2012 | Permalink
  3. sr83
    Member

    I have tried all of the following steps and the issue persists:
    > Enabling No-conflict mode
    > Disabling all other plugins
    > Activating the default TwentyTen 1.3 theme

    I purchased GF specifically for the calculation functionality but this issue is preventing me from finishing this project so any help would be greatly appreciated.

    Posted 10 years ago on Monday June 18, 2012 | Permalink
  4. David Peralty

    Seems to me it is missing the value of the handsets I selected as the difference between the quote and the confirmation was 200, or the value of the handsets I chose. Can you paste your calculation details please?

    Posted 10 years ago on Monday June 18, 2012 | Permalink
  5. sr83
    Member

    Total Upfront Charges: http://pastebin.com/xyYD686G
    Confirmation message: http://pastebin.com/1JuxSJLq

    Posted 10 years ago on Monday June 18, 2012 | Permalink
  6. sr83
    Member

    I think this is probably an error in GF as the value of the calculation shouldn't change after clicking submit.

    Posted 10 years ago on Tuesday June 19, 2012 | Permalink
  7. David Peralty

    Can you send an XML export of the form to peralty@rocketgenius.com please?

    Posted 10 years ago on Tuesday June 19, 2012 | Permalink
  8. sr83
    Member

    I emailed you the XML import yesterday. Please let me know if you need anything else.

    Posted 10 years ago on Wednesday June 20, 2012 | Permalink
  9. David Peralty

    I've forwarded it on to one of our developers to see if he can re-create the issue.

    Posted 10 years ago on Wednesday June 20, 2012 | Permalink
  10. The problem is your "Disable Field Input" HTML block. It disables one of the quantity field, and disabled inputs don't get posted. That is causing Gravity Forms to think the quantity is 0 for that product.
    What you probably want to do is set the input as read-only instead. The following should do the trick

    <script type="text/javascript">
    		jQuery(document).ready(function($){
    			$(".gform_wrapper .disable input").prop('readonly',true);
    		});
    	</script>
    Posted 10 years ago on Wednesday June 20, 2012 | Permalink
  11. essaywriter
    Member

    Hi I am having the same issue here, after submit the form the value of the calculated total displayed to site visitor is different. And the on site display is correct, but not shown correctly in the form data received.

    Posted 10 years ago on Wednesday June 20, 2012 | Permalink
  12. sr83
    Member

    Thanks Alex. That HTML block was causing the issue.

    Posted 10 years ago on Thursday June 21, 2012 | Permalink