PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Cant access category fields in form backend when upgrading to 1.6.3

1. I've just upgraded the gravity forms plugin to 1.6.3 (using wordpress 3.1.4) and I can no longer edit the category sections in my forms. Is this a bug?

Just rolled back to 1.6.2 and the problem went away so def a prob with 1.6.3

Posted 12 years ago on Thursday February 23, 2012 | Permalink
  2. Richard Vav
    Administrator

You should update wordpress to v3.3.1 and then update gravity to v1.6.3, you may find that solves your problem. The gravity forms requirements do state it requires wordpress 3.2 minimum (check out the bottom right column of this pages footer)

3. I can't upgrade my wordpress to 3.3.1 as my host doesnt support PHP past 5.1, so looks like I'll have to stay on 1.6.2 until my host can get their act together :(

Thanks for the info though much appreciated

4. Richard Vav
    Administrator

Might be time to start looking for a new host, some of the good ones will handle transferring an existing Wordpress install from your old host onto the new server and database.

5. My only annoyance on this is that I extended my developer license just a couple of weeks before the 1.6.3 upgrade became public in anticipation of upgrading. So now I can't benefit from the new version, that seems a bit of a waste of money, so not a good customer experience for me. Perhaps if it had been made clear prior to the release that it required wordpress 3.2 I would not have shelled out another year of developer license money on this, since I am stuck with an old version of Gravity Forms :-(((

Posted 12 years ago on Friday February 24, 2012 | Permalink
  6. I finally managed to convince my host to upgrade my virtual private server's PHP to 5.3.10 and have just upgraded gravity forms, all seems well! Yay!

7. Richard Vav
    Administrator

Good to hear, just goes to show with a little pushing web hosts will help out sometimes.