PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Can't Export

  1. theK2
    Member

    I was working on a switching an existing site to Wordpress and was working on the new site under the /dev folder in the existing /public_html. When I completed the site I backed up the existing site and migrated the Wordpress installation from /dev to /public_html and all my forms broke. Reading through some posts here, I pulled a backup of the /dev folder and tried to export the forms. First, if I try to view them (from the backup) they are still empty from WP Admin but I can still see all the forms, fields and settings in the database. If I try to export the forms I get:

    Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/mydomain/public_html/dev/wp-content/plugins/gravityforms/export.php on line 34 (plus some other errors)

    I have tried reinstalling Gravity Forms on the dev backup site. I have tried using the meta recovery tool (which fails).

    What other options do I have here?

    Posted 7 years ago on Tuesday June 19, 2012 | Permalink
  2. David Peralty
    Administrator

    So you restored your site to /dev and your forms still didn't work? Are you sure your backup included all of the Gravity Forms tables in the database? Have you tried the meta recovery tool on your /public_html site after you made the move?

    Posted 7 years ago on Tuesday June 19, 2012 | Permalink
  3. theK2
    Member

    Yes, restored the /dev folder and the forms still were empty in WP Admin.

    The database was backed up prior to moving the /dev folder live so I just imported the backup. The tables all appear to be there. The tables that are shown are:

    wp_rg_form
    wp_rg_form_meta
    wp_rg_form_view
    wp_rg_lead
    wp_rg_lead_detail
    wp_rg_lead_detail_long
    wp_rg_lead_meta
    wp_rg_lead_notes

    I have also tried the meta recover tool on the live site - it failed there as well.

    Posted 7 years ago on Tuesday June 19, 2012 | Permalink
  4. theK2
    Member

    To reiterate - all of the meta data is intact in the wp_rf_form_meta table. If I view the display_meta field, everything is there. One of these forms is quite long and complex and I REALLY don't want to have to rebuild it.

    Posted 7 years ago on Tuesday June 19, 2012 | Permalink
  5. Having the exact same issue on multiple sites. I used to be able to import an entire DB and all my GForms remained intact. Would love to know what's going on with this.

    Posted 7 years ago on Wednesday June 20, 2012 | Permalink
  6. The problem is in the form meta. On some installations, when exporting form meta via PhPMyAdmin, some characters are changed and that corrupts the form meta. So even though it looks the same as before, a few characters have probably been changed. The meta recovery tool can fix most of these problems, but sometimes it can't.
    Is the original database gone at this point? If not, I would point the site to that database and export the forms from there.
    I would be happy to look at your form meta and try to manually restore it for you, but I won't promise I will be able to recover it.
    If you would like me (alex@rocketgenius.com) to take a look at it, email me the form meta for a simple form and for your complex form

    Posted 7 years ago on Thursday June 21, 2012 | Permalink
  7. theK2
    Member

    Alex - thanks. I will email you the exported SQL. Just to be clear though, the database never changed or was exported. The only thing that changed was the folder that the files were in. So the database was mysite_wp and stayed that way (the previous site was not on a database so there was no issue). I moved the files from /public_html/dev to the root in /public_html to move the site live and the forms broke. I did retrieve a backup of the database from a date that I thought was safe (prior to the files being moved) and a backup of the /dev folder. I put everything back the way it was and it still did not work.

    Just as a quick test, I exported the form_meta from the database backup and the current database and did a comparison. The two files were identical except for the database name (of course).

    Posted 7 years ago on Friday June 22, 2012 | Permalink