This is a tricky issue. I know exactly what is causing it and why it is happening. Unfortunately right now I do not have a solution for you to be able to do this using the latest version of Gravity Forms. It's going to require us to take a look at this scenario and then see what we need to do to update the Gravity Forms conditional logic to support it.
The reason why this is no longer working is due to changes we made to the conditional logic functionality so that hiding fields was recursive. So that when a field is hidden, it also hides any fields that it may have then triggered being displayed on your form. It does this by resetting the value of a field when it's hidden by conditional logic which triggers the same thing to happen to fields that were using that field for conditional logic.
This change was done to fix this scenario:
- You have a form with 3 fields on it: Field A, Field B and Field C
- Field A is displayed but not selected
- Field B displays when Field A is selected
- Field C displays when Field B is selected
- The user views the form and selects Field A which shows Field B
- The user then selects Field B which shows Field C
- The user then unselects Field A which hides Field B
- Field C is still displayed because while Field B was hidden, it is still technically selected so it didn't trigger hiding Field C
It's a complex issue. The change we implemented corrected this issue. But unfortunately it also means that when fields are hidden by conditional logic like this have default items selected the way you do... they get reset.
As I mentioned above, this is something we are going to have to look into so we can see how to best handle this. It's very complex functionality. We will see what we can do to resolve it. It's going to be something that we'll have to address via a Gravity Forms version update.
Posted 7 years ago on Thursday May 3, 2012 | Permalink