PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Conditional Logic not working after 1.6.4.1 (I know why, but not how to resolve)

1. Hi,

Firstly, Gravity Forms is great! Thanks!

Okay so up until updating to 1.6.4.1 my form was working wonderfully. I read some of the other topics on this issue and followed the suggestions but they did not resolve my issue.

I like to do things the HTML5 Boilerplate way, which is to include jQuery at the bottom of the document, with my external scripts beneath it. I know that Wordpress / Plugins add their own jQuery to the <head>, so I removed my jQuery at the bottom of the page, and that restored the Conditional Logic. My issue with doing this though, is that my external scripts no longer execute when I remove jQuery from the bottom of my document. Wrapping it all in a document(ready) does not bring it back to life.

Any suggestions on how I can resolve this? If an admin needs to see my site I will send that to you via email (its currently a staging site so I can't have it posted to the public)

Thanks,

Posted 11 years ago on Tuesday May 1, 2012 | Permalink
  2. Certain Gravity Forms functionality has never worked when outputting jQuery in the footer. So the update wouldn't/shouldn't have any impact on that.

It's currently not something that is supported when using certain fields that are jQuery script dependent (conditional logic, multi-page forms, AJAX, etc.).

We do plan on updating Gravity Forms to suport loading all scripts, including jQuery, in the footer, however it is going to require doing a lot of refactoring to make it possible. It's an overhaul that is currently planned for either the v1.6.5 or v1.6.6 release.

The only way to use Gravity Forms when you absolutely have to do this is by limiting what functionality you use on your forms.

Posted 11 years ago on Tuesday May 1, 2012 | Permalink
  3. Thanks for getting back to me,

Is there any way to obtain an older release of Gravity Forms? Everything was working perfectly fine prior to updating, so if I could, I would love to downgrade to a previous version.

Actually, now that I think of it, I should have an older copy of Gravity Forms from a backup I made of my site. Will replacing the updated Gravity Forms plugin with an older version cause any problems?

Thanks,

Posted 11 years ago on Wednesday May 2, 2012 | Permalink
  4. Ryanan...since my updating to 1.6.4.1 my form was working wonderfully as well. I cannot edit forms, or do much at all. Good luck with the down grade as I am going to do that right after I post this.

5. Jonnie, let me know if downgrading goes smoothly. I kind of want to hold off on it until I know it won't mess anything up (I don't see why it would but... I'm paranoid)

6. Just letting you know I downgraded to my previous version, 1.6.3.3.4 and everything works again!

Hooray!

This topic has been resolved and has been closed to new replies.