PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Data Export blank 0 byte .csv for only one form ID

  1. Hi --

    I am having a 0 bytes data export issue similar to this thread from yesterday that is now closed (otherwise I'd post there!):
    http://www.gravityhelp.com/forums/topic/csv-file-not-outputting-correctly#post-68955

    I am using Gravity Forms v1.6.5, WordPress v3.4.1 with Twenty eleven theme.

    I have a form that shows 70+ entries correctly in the Entries screen. But when I go to use the Export function to output those entries as a .csv, I seem to get a 0 bytes file no matter what I do.

    I have tried selecting only a few fields to export.
    I have tried limiting the date range.
    I have tried not limiting the date range.
    I have tried selecting all fields.
    I have tried deactivating all other plug-ins except Gravity Forms.
    I am already using the default Twenty eleven theme.

    The Export function worked correctly for this form as recently as yesterday.
    The Export function is also still working correctly for my other forms today -- it's just for this one form ID that I can no longer get to export data.

    Any ideas to help me pinpoint where the problem might be hiding would be much appreciated.

    Thanks!

    Posted 7 years ago on Friday August 3, 2012 | Permalink
  2. That's a very strange issue. Since the export was working recently for this form, and still works for other forms, maybe there is something about a recent entry causing a problem. Can you try restricting the date range to include only entries before a couple days ago? Or look at the entries from the past few days (since the last time you could export without an issue) and see if there is anything anomalous in the recent entries.

    Sounds like the rest of your troubleshooting steps have been spot on. I hope it's something simple like a strange character in an entry.

    Posted 7 years ago on Monday August 6, 2012 | Permalink
  3. Having the same problem here. Seems like it just popped up since there were no problems before. 284 entries total. I've tried downloading all (leaving dates blank), downloading just the past week, downloading just yesterday.. no luck.

    Finally narrowed it down to getting this error: ( in the export )
    Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 28308 bytes) in /data/22/2/8/60/2008060/user/2196666/htdocs/wp-content/plugins/gravityforms/export.php on line 603

    Seems a bit strange since it's only trying to allocate a small portion of the total. Any tips? Raising the 32mb limit seems like delaying the inevitable.

    Posted 7 years ago on Thursday August 16, 2012 | Permalink
  4. David Peralty
    Administrator

    Michausi - Can you try the following tutorial to see if it rectifies your problem?
    http://www.nerdgrind.com/increase-wordpress-and-php-memory-limit/

    WordPress, Plugins, PHP, mySQL, and other processes all take up memory, and if you are looking to have a "larger" export, it has to pull down the data, create the file and push it to you which can temporarily use a fair bit of memory. If you can get your PHP memory up to a minimum of 128MB then things should hopefully work as you expect.

    Posted 7 years ago on Thursday August 16, 2012 | Permalink
  5. Yep, thanks David! Hopefully it doesn't run out again!

    Posted 7 years ago on Thursday August 16, 2012 | Permalink
  6. brianglanz
    Member

    Confirmed, upping PHP memory resolved my similar issues. I had resorted to querying the db directly before guessing memory could be it and finding this thread; I'm much happier with the CSV from GF export than I was with my SQL :)

    Posted 6 years ago on Thursday November 8, 2012 | Permalink
  7. Thank you for that followup.

    Posted 6 years ago on Thursday November 8, 2012 | Permalink

This topic has been resolved and has been closed to new replies.