PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Database errors after update from 1.5.3 to 1.6.1

1. KellyAZ

Hello - I performed an automatic update of Gravity Forms on my test site today, from 1.5.3 to 1.7.1. Note I also run the Mail Chimp Add-on 1.5. The test site is running WP3.2.1 as a single site.

I received the following errors during the upgrade:

WordPress database error: [Can't DROP 'form_id'; check that column/key exists]
    DROP INDEX form_id ON wp_rg_form_meta

WordPress database error: [Multiple primary key defined]
    ALTER TABLE wp_rg_form_meta ADD PRIMARY KEY (form_id)

WordPress database error: [Duplicate column name 'status']
    ALTER TABLE wp_rg_lead ADD COLUMN status varchar(20) not null default 'active'

WordPress database error: [Duplicate key name 'status']
    ALTER TABLE wp_rg_lead ADD KEY status (status)

WordPress database error: [Can't DROP 'lead_detail_key'; check that column/key exists]
    DROP INDEX lead_detail_key ON wp_rg_lead_detail_long

WordPress database error: [Multiple primary key defined]
    ALTER TABLE wp_rg_lead_detail_long ADD PRIMARY KEY (lead_detail_id)

Interestingly, after clicking on the dashboard the site seems to be ok. I am able to go into a form and edit it, then test the forms and they seem to be working and even sending email notifications. So, I don't know if I should be concerned about this update, or if I simply should have disabled the plugin manually before upgrading.

Please let me know any thoughts as I will hold off on applying the update to my production site.

Thanks!
    Kelly

Posted 12 years ago on Sunday November 20, 2011 | Permalink
  2. KellyAZ

I reviewed two other posting that relate to 1.6 and have similar errors, such as:
    http://www.gravityhelp.com/forums/topic/errors-upgrading-to-16#post-39948

The two posts I read suggest that the DB user listed in wp-config.php must have the ALTER permission; I checked and the DB user account has all permissions available, so it is not a permissions issue.

Please let me know if there is a need to create primary keys manually (and clarify which since I don't want to assume what is true for 1.6 is also true for 1.6.1).

If you advise to uninstall GF and reinstall, please tell me what I need to do to retain my exisiting forms and data. Since I am using the Mailcimp Add-on 1.5, do I need to disable and/or unistall as well (and in what order)?

Thanks!

3. As you might have seen in the other posts, it's safe to continue even though the errors occurred. The enhancements were to improve compatibility with the VaultPress backup solution (the addition of the primary key.)

However, if you want to run that SQL manually, please do so. Please make a backup of your database first in case anything terrible happens.

I would not uninstall and reinstall, as uninstalling will remove all your forms, and you don't want to do that.

This will be corrected in the next release, as Carl mentioned in one of those recent posts. Sorry for the trouble.