PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Date for Custom Field - shows as 01/01/1970

1. I've created a custom field and have added this to my form, but the date always shows up as 01/01/1970, no matter what I put in there.

I have various custom fields which hold dates, and this is happening on all of them.

I have not done any extra fancy code, just added the custom field ID to the form.

Posted 11 years ago on Monday August 27, 2012 | Permalink
  2. It looks like I can only do this if the custom field is a text field, if I select date for the custom field within WordPress, it doesn't work.

I have exactly the same problem with a drop-down selection.

3. Can you post a link to what you have done already? I added a date picker to my form, selected a date format, then used that field's merge tag in my content template for the post body, and the date is displayed in the post in exactly the format I selected when I added the date picker to the form.

Example form: http://gravity.chrishajer.com/try-out-different-date-formats/

This topic has been resolved and has been closed to new replies.