PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

edit entry columns gives 404 error

1. When trying to edit the entry columns (I would like the date column listed) I get the lightbox window the says "select columns" but a 404 page below that.

It is trying to open: http://domainname/wp-content/plugins/gravityforms/select_columns.php?id=1&TB_iframe=true&height=365&width=600

Posted 13 years ago on Thursday January 13, 2011 | Permalink
  2. Is the file select_columns.php actually present in the gravityforms plugin folder? If not, maybe the installation was not complete or was corrupted in some way. When I access that URL directly on one of my installations, the page comes up fine.

You can reinstall the plugin safely via FTP without losing any of your form data. Sometimes the WordPress installer or updater doesn't complete properly. Maybe that's the case for you.

http://forum.gravityhelp.com/topic/updating-beta-version#post-15719

Posted 13 years ago on Friday January 14, 2011 | Permalink
  3. That file should exist. I would recommend re-installing as @illinoisharley recommended above as a first step to debugging this issue. If the file exists in the gravityforms folder your server shouldn't be returning a 404 error.

Installing via FTP is the best way to install plugins.

4. I did recopy the gravityform.
    I'll throw another wrench in here.... When accessing the specific file from the browser on the server (Win2008, IIS7.5) It works like a charm, but any other browser on any other machine, I get a 404 error. (This also happens on the form preview page.)

It has to do with accessing the specific php file in the /wp-content/plugins/gravityforms/preview.php directory.

I have noticed that most other plugins are accessed through the /wp-admin/admin.php file and pass variables in.

5. This sounds like it could be a file permission issue then. You may want to contact your host. You should be able to access that file directly from any browser, your server shouldn't be returning a 404 error.

6. Looking into this some more, the file does exist. If I completely replace the content with a "Hello World" the page displays. But with the php code the problem seems to stem from the first line:

require_once (preg_replace("/wp-content.*/","wp-blog-header.php",__FILE__));

I am guessing it has to do with maybe accessing this file via this path. Or how parent paths are accessed? or permissions to this file?

Posted 13 years ago on Wednesday January 19, 2011 | Permalink
  7. Jamie

I'm also experiencing this issue with a Multisite build. Any fix?

Posted 12 years ago on Thursday September 22, 2011 | Permalink
  8. Jamie

The latest release, GF 1.5.3, appears to have fixed this issue on my Multisite build. Thanks for that!

Posted 12 years ago on Friday September 23, 2011 | Permalink

This topic has been resolved and has been closed to new replies.