PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Edit forms not working WP 3.1.1

1. Hi,

I recently updated to 3.1.1 b haven't edited/created any forms since. I tried adding a new form and it won't let me edit it. The edit option drops down and just gives me link to the tabs, but I cannot change it. I haven't made any plugin changes on my site other than the WP upgrade. Any thoughts on why this may be & how I can fix it?

Thanks!

Posted 13 years ago on Monday April 25, 2011 | Permalink
  2. Are you using the latest Gravity Forms version(s)? I'm using the latest version on a multisite 3.1.1 install and am not having any problems with editing.

Posted 13 years ago on Tuesday April 26, 2011 | Permalink
  3. @ynpnnational We haven't had any reports of issues with 3.1.1 and Gravity Forms and we are using it on sites ourselves. So this is going to be something specific to your site, possibly another theme or plugin introducing the issue.

To test for a Theme Conflict:

- Activate the default Twenty Ten theme
    - Test to see if the issue happens

To test for a plugin conflict:

- Deactivate ALL plugins
    - Activate Gravity Forms
    - Check to see if the issue occurs

If it does not, then one of your plugins is causing a with Gravity Forms. To narrow it down follow the steps below:

- Activate each plugin one by one
    - Check to see if the issue occurs after each one

Let me know how it goes.

4. I found the issue, there is a conflict with this plugin: http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/web-invoice/

Do you know why? I am also contacting the developer to see if he knows why this is happening and how it can be corrected.

Thanks for your replies!

5. If the Web Invoice plugin is breaking the Gravity Forms editor it is going to be because it's outputting Javascript on the Gravity Forms admin pages and not following best practices and only enqueuing scripts when necessary and only on it's own pages. Unfortunately this is very common in plugins found in the WordPress.org repository.

6. I see, thanks for the response. Lets hope the developer wants to fix that issue.