PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Entries not being recorded

  1. Email notifications are being sent but entries are not being recorded in the backend. Views are being recorded. I have checked that I am not looking at the wrong form.

    I previously thought that no notification emails were being sent either. If it helps, when I thought that I tried resetting to default permalinks and removing the .htaccess file.

    Posted 10 years ago on Wednesday November 16, 2011 | Permalink
  2. Are the notifications that you receive blank or do they contain the entry data?

    I ask because the email notifications get their data from the entry, not the form post. So the entry had to have existed for the email notification to have content.

    Nobody else is reporting this issue so it's going to be a problem specific to your site or server setup. Let me know the answer to the question above and we can help determine what is going on with your site.

    Posted 10 years ago on Wednesday November 16, 2011 | Permalink
  3. The Notifications contain the data entered, it's only the form entries that don't show anything.

    Posted 10 years ago on Thursday November 17, 2011 | Permalink
  4. I have tried disabling other plugins and I get this same issue on the staging server as the live server, which doesn't mean it's not the server of course.

    Posted 10 years ago on Thursday November 17, 2011 | Permalink
  5. I am experiencing a similar problem.

    We've been receiving a number of notification e-mails with blank fields. When I look at the entries they are also blank. However the data is being recorded in the database.

    This is not consistent, but more entries are blank than not. I tried upgrading to the latest (non beta) release and it worked a couple times, but now the notifications are blank again.

    This is a membership site, but I place a form on a non-protected page for you to see. http://weightlosssuccessoholics.com/test-entry/

    One other odd thing. After I edited a form I did a test. The notification e-mail had a lower case 'm' in front of each field name. When I viewed the Notification e-mail settings I saw that the lower case m's were in the notification message and that items that were on separate lines were place on the top line of the message box.

    I'll be happy to supply any information you need.

    Any thoughts?

    Bob

    Posted 10 years ago on Friday November 18, 2011 | Permalink
  6. @1-phantomdentist Your issue is very odd because if the notifications contain the entry data, then the entry data has to exist. The notifications are populated using the entry data, not the form data. This could possibly be a PHP memory issue. PHP memory issues will cause strange behavior from WordPress, such as partial page loads or data not being returned. I would suggest increasing your available PHP memory by following these instructions:

    http://www.nerdgrind.com/increase-wordpress-and-php-memory-limit/

    If you need assistance with this you can discuss it with your web host.

    @Bob Your issue is not the same as the users above, in the future please post a new support forum request as issues sometimes sound similar but they are not actually the same. This sounds like a plugin or theme conflict. I would suggest testing for plugin and theme conflicts by following the instructions here:

    http://rkt.gs/testing

    When following those instructions, test with Gravity Forms by creating a new form and using that new form, not an existing form due to what you mentioned about the lower case m being next to the field name. That sounds like a conflict. BUT if testing for conflicts turning up nothing you could also try increasing your available PHP memory using the tutorial I linked to above.

    Posted 10 years ago on Friday November 18, 2011 | Permalink
  7. Thanks Carl. I was about to check for a plugin conflict. This site is on a pretty cheap shared hosting account that has been giving them problems. I'll increase the PHP memory too.

    Bob

    Posted 10 years ago on Friday November 18, 2011 | Permalink
  8. Let me know how it goes. That is where I would start. Check for conflits as well as the PHP memory and see what happens.

    Posted 10 years ago on Friday November 18, 2011 | Permalink