PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Entries not saving

  1. sbruner
    Member

    Entries stopped saving around early December 2011. Before that, they were saving properly. What's the best way to debug?

    Posted 7 years ago on Tuesday March 13, 2012 | Permalink
  2. Well that's strange, what version of WP and GF are you running?

    Posted 7 years ago on Wednesday March 14, 2012 | Permalink
  3. sbruner
    Member

    Running WP 3.2.1 and GF 1.6.3.2.1. I believe the db user had limited rights in the past: Create, Delete, Insert, Update, Select. Could this have effected an upgrade?

    Posted 7 years ago on Wednesday March 14, 2012 | Permalink
  4. Can you enable WP_DEBUG in your wp-config.php?

    Can you also test for theme/plugin conflicts just to be safe?
    http://www.gravityhelp.com/documentation/page/Testing_for_a_Theme/Plugin_Conflict

    Posted 7 years ago on Wednesday March 14, 2012 | Permalink
  5. sbruner
    Member

    It's Akismet... Same issue as this post:
    http://www.gravityhelp.com/forums/topic/form-entries-stuck-at-spam

    Akismet integration set to NO, but still marking as Spam.

    Posted 7 years ago on Tuesday March 20, 2012 | Permalink
  6. sbruner
    Member

    We got it to work by following these steps:
    1. With both GF and Akismet activated, check "Akismet Integration" NO and then SAVE.
    2. Deactivate GF and Akismet.
    3. Reactivate Akismet first, and then GF. The "Akismet Integration" should still be set to NO.

    Seems to work after these steps are completed.

    Not sure if this was fixed in 1.6.3.3, but we were running 1.6.3.2.1.

    Posted 7 years ago on Wednesday March 21, 2012 | Permalink
  7. I ran into the same problem. My client hadn't received any messages in two months. She contacted me today and I discovered 25 messages in her GF entries spam bucket. All but two were good messages from current or prospective clients. (She's more than a bit upset!)

    Akismet was installed and enabled, but in the GF settings, Akismet integration was set to NO. After reading the above, I disabled Akismet and deinstalled it, replacing it with Spam Free WP. I then went back to the GF entries table to deal with the spam ... which was no longer visible. It was as though all those entries had been deleted with Akismet.

    Before I panicked, I thought to look at the database (using phpMyAdmin). I found that the entries were in the wp_rg_lead table, with status set to "spam." So I ran a query
    UPDATEwp_rg_leadSETstatus="active" WHEREstatus="spam"

    When I went back to the GF entries, all the ones that had been mistakenly marked as spam were now in the main table.

    Posting here in hopes this recovery info will be useful to someone else.

    Posted 6 years ago on Thursday April 11, 2013 | Permalink
  8. p.s. I tried to edit the post to fix the syntax for the query, but my edit was blocked by FireHost Website Protection. !!

    The backticks that phpMyAdmin uses were read as code markers. It should read:
    UPDATE wp_rg_lead SET status="active" WHERE status="spam"

    Posted 6 years ago on Thursday April 11, 2013 | Permalink