PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Error 324 on select responses

  1. We've got a form which went live this morning, which is getting loads of entries and it's critical that it works correctly. The form is at http://www.moving-4-ward.com/register/register-for-the-industry-forum/

    The form seems to have issues with certain email addresses. When I try and sign up with the following information, the form returns error 324 and there is no response from the server.

    Name: Robert Nagel
    Company: SNC Lavalin Transportation USA
    Address: 13901 Sutton Park Drive South
    Suite 200
    Jacksonville, Florida 32224
    Phone: 9044773765
    Email: Robert.nagel@snclavalin.com

    The entry is recorded in Gravity Forms, however, the email address is not forwarded to iContact (I'm using the iContact plugin: http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/gravity-forms-icontact/ - I tried removing the feed from this form, but it didn't affect it). If I change the email address however, it goes through OK.

    It is critical that these forms are up and running ASAP. Any ideas on what the issue might be?

    Posted 8 years ago on Friday January 18, 2013 | Permalink
  2. Have you already resolved this issue? If so, what did you find?

    Is it possible the period in the email is not being handled correctly? Is there any pattern to the ones which fail and ones which do not? And where do you see the error 324? I recognize that as a Error 324 (net::ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE) from a browser, but when do you see that error exactly?

    Posted 8 years ago on Friday January 25, 2013 | Permalink
  3. This wasn't really resolved, because the answer (both my own and on the recommendation of Priority Support) was basically to move to a new server (from a GoDaddy VPS to a ServInt VPS), and the issue went away, but it's no longer an issue because the error isn't happening on ServInt.

    The error was happening when the form was submitted. The entry was recorded in the database, but the user was not getting added to the iContact database, nor were the notification emails being sent.

    There was no particular pattern to the errors: some users with periods in the email address were registering just fine, and some weren't getting through at all. I still don't know what the issue was, except that it was something to do with the server set up.

    Posted 8 years ago on Friday January 25, 2013 | Permalink
  4. I'm glad you resolved the issue with a new server. I've never heard of that error before.

    Posted 8 years ago on Wednesday January 30, 2013 | Permalink

This topic has been resolved and has been closed to new replies.