PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Errors with 1.3.5 auto upgrade

1. After auto upgrade I got some errors. It was something about trying to create duplicate entry for unique index field, unfortunately I forgot to copy full text...

Posted 14 years ago on Wednesday December 2, 2009 | Permalink
  2. OK, I completed degrade - upgrade process again and that's what I got:

WordPress database error: [Multiple primary key defined]
    ALTER TABLE oh_rg_form ADD PRIMARY KEY (id)

WordPress database error: [You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'FOREIGN KEY (form_id)' at line 1]
    ALTER TABLE oh_rg_form_meta ADD COLUMN FOREIGN KEY (form_id)

WordPress database error: [You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'REFERENCES oh_rg_form(id) ON UPDATE CASCADE ON DELETE CASCADE' at line 1]

3. Test to make sure Gravity Forms works properly.

This is an error with the WordPress update process, not Gravity Forms specifically. Sometimes this error is returned, but the upgrade still occurs as expected.

4. mtomas,
    We have seen that error before, and I am going to take a look at what might be causing it. There are no database changes between 1.3 and 1.3.5 though, so I think you might be ok even though you got that error during the upgrade. Do you still seeing that error after the upgrade?

5. I decided to reinstall GF and in the future I will not use auto upgrade, which most likely is not working properly in case with GF.

6. Auto upgrade works fine. WordPress is what handles the upgrade. In some installs it returns an error, despite the fact the upgrade executes properly.

The Upgrade is performed by WordPress itself, not Gravity Forms. It simply downloads the new plugin, unpacks it, overwrites the existing plugin with the new files and activates it again. Any errors that may occur are from WordPress itself and not the plugin.

7. We have made some changes that we believe will resolve this issue in the 1.3.6 release.

Posted 14 years ago on Friday December 4, 2009 | Permalink