PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Fatal error: Allowed memory size on update to 1.4.4

1. Hey guys I got the Allowed memory message on updating to 1.4.4, so I changed my allowed memory size in wp-settings.php with adding the line, define('WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '64M');

but when I went back to the form to try and re-update I got the message your form is up to date. Am I good to go?

Posted 13 years ago on Tuesday November 2, 2010 | Permalink
  2. Go to Forms > Settings in your WordPress dashboard admin navigation and see what version of Gravity Forms you are running. If it's 1.4.4 and everything appears to be running fine then the upgrade may have still happened. It's possible the upgrade could have been interrupted in which case you may need to manually install 1.4.4 by downloading it from the Downloads page on this site and installing via FTP.

3. Carl-- would this delete the form i have created?

4. No, re-installing the plugin files will not delete forms you have created. Those are stored in the database.

5. I have been having the same issues. Is there a min. memory requirements for Gravity Forms to work?

Posted 13 years ago on Friday November 12, 2010 | Permalink
  6. Coming up with a minimum memory requirement is a difficult task because it doesn't only depend on Gravity Forms, but on your theme and all other plugins you have running. If you are running into a memory error, your options are to either increase the amount of memory available or try deactivating some plugins you don't need as much.

7. Well, that means doing away with Gravity Forms as there was not an issue until I installed that plugin.

8. Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 579808 bytes) in /home/healikuf/public_html/wp-content/plugins/gravityforms/gravityforms.php on line 62

Fatal error: Class 'ITError' not found in /home/healikuf/public_html/wp-content/themes/Builder/lib/classes/it-error.php on line 148

9. Well removing gravityforms did resolve the memory issue. Is there something that can be done in regards to memory usage of gravity forms? Does the new beta do something different?

10. There aren't any known issues with Gravity Forms causing memory problems or utilizing too much memory. In this case, it's just that installing the plugin pushed you beyond your allowed memory limits. It could have happened with any plugin. More than likely the culprit is some other plugin or even your theme using to many resources. You may need to contact your host and see what you can do to increase your memory limit.

No, There's nothing new in the 1.5 beta in regards to memory management.

11. I'm having a similar problem. All the form information on my Submit form disappeared except the submit button. I am unable to edit the form or create new forms. Everything was working fine for the last couple of weeks, and I have added no new plugins to my web site in the last couple of weeks. I disabled every plugin I have except Gravity, and I still cannot edit my forms. I have not gotten a memory error. My current memory limit is 64M. It will cost me a lot of money to upgrade beyond that, and I am not certain that memory is my problem. My website is http://www.dakotamediaaccess.com.

12. Version 1.4.4 had a bug in it that corrupted forms on certain conditions. It seems like that is what happened to you. Please upgrade to 1.4.5. Unfortunately, you will need to recreate your forms after upgrading to 1.4.5

13. I deleted the corrupted forms. I was able to successfully recreate them and they are working now and editing works again. Thank you for your time in resolving this issue, Alex.

Posted 13 years ago on Saturday November 13, 2010 | Permalink
  14. I JUST PERFORMED AN AUTO UPDATE AND THE FORM HAS DISAPPEARED. Please advise. Thank you.
    -Patrick

Warning: require_once(/Users/xxx/Sites/ckr/wp-content/plugins/gravityforms/widget.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /Users/xxx/Sites/ckr/wp-content/plugins/gravityforms/gravityforms.php on line 54

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/Users/xxx/Sites/ckr/wp-content/plugins/gravityforms/widget.php' (include_path='.:') in /Users/xxx/Sites/ckr/wp-content/plugins/gravityforms/gravityforms.php on line 54

Posted 13 years ago on Sunday November 14, 2010 | Permalink
  15. Patrick,
    From the error above, it looks like the WP auto upgrade failed. Please download the latest version from the Downloads page and try a manual install. All your forms and entries won't get lots.

16. Hi Alex~

To perform a manual install... I go in through the FTP access and locate the gravity forms folder on the server and simply replace it?

I just want to be sure I do it correctly without causing data loss.

Thank you for your prompt response.
    -Patrick