PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Form not submitting - v 1.5.2.8?

1. relish1227

Hi.

I was in a client's control panel this morning and, while I was there, I upgraded Gravity Forms to 1.5.2.8. Since then, one of my forms will not submit. I didn't make any other changes to the form or anything global other than this today.

I was looking here -- http://www.gravityhelp.com/forums/topic/form-not-submitting-1 -- and I tried deactivating all of my plugins. That didn't help. I did try previewing the form -- and the form worked there. I also tried upgrading WP to the new 3.2, but that didn't make any difference.

Is there anything of note that changed in the latest version? Is there a way to get an earlier version just to test to see if that helps? Having this form not working is a big deal for the client.

Thanks.

Posted 12 years ago on Thursday July 7, 2011 | Permalink
  2. What version of Gravity Forms were you running prior to the upgrade?

The issue is the database user that is configured in your wp-config.php file does not have ALTER permissions. The new version of Gravity Forms has new database table updates it needs to make. So when the Gravity Forms update ran it was unable to create database changes because it could not Alter it's tables. This causes an error when a form is submitted (which you won't see unless you have debug mode turned on for your WordPress site) and results in no entry being created because of a database insert error.

What you can do is downgrade to an older version of Gravity Forms (v1.4.5), then correct the database user permissions so that it has FULL PRIVILEGES (including ALTER) and then run the Gravity Forms update again.

The database user is the one configured in the wp-config.php for that site. Let me know if you need additional assistance or need me to send you the older version of Gravity Forms. You may need to check with your web host to find out how to correct the database user privileges.

3. relish1227

Okay, thanks for this. Where can I get an earlier version? I looked before but couldn't find it.

4. I just sent v1.4.5 to the email associated with your support site account.