PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Forms deleted in 1.3.5 - "Oops! We could not locate your form."

1. jhayes4

I just upgraded from 1.3.3 to 1.3.5 (i believe that's the upgrade i just used) via automatic upgrade within wordpress

Now whenever i try to edit a form - even a minor edit like changing the title of the form, or making a field "required" - it deletes the entire form and notifications and i get the following message "Oops! We could not locate your form."

Data that had previously been submitted via the form seems to be partially saved - when i click on the "Entries" button i can see a line listing of all entries, but when i try to click on "view" in any of the entries to get further details it simply shows the Notes filed and nothing else.

Luckily i duplicated my form first before i made edits, but my original form now doesn't work at all and i'm scared to make any updates to my new form.

i'm using wordpress 2.8.6 and, after solving some jquery conflicts a while back, have been using gravity forms without any problem for over a month.

Let me know if you're interested in logging into my account and seeing this in action. I can recreate the bug by duplicating any form, and then making any edit to the new form.

Sincerely,
    Johnny

Posted 14 years ago on Tuesday December 1, 2009 | Permalink
  2. Johnny,
    Please send me your user/password to alex[at]rocketgenius.com. I will take a look at it and see what is going on.

3. jhayes4

Thanks Alex, i'll send an email from johnny@funcheap.com with the details you need.
    Johnny

4. Having the same problem, can someone please help? Or post the solution?

Posted 14 years ago on Tuesday January 19, 2010 | Permalink
  5. As mentioned in your other forum post, this was due to another plugin conflicting with Gravity Forms javascript. Contact us via the Contact Us form with an admin login to your WordPress site and we can determine what the conflict is and get you up and running.

Posted 14 years ago on Tuesday January 19, 2010 | Permalink
  6. thehorse

Is this a conflict with the Redirection plugin?

Unfortunately, I completely lost 2 contact forms as well. The entire record on _rg_form_meta.display_meta is blank after you try to save.

As this is not the first time I've completely lost forms to some type of save issue, can I suggest that the update function be improved to check that the display_meta column isn't updated to null. I know this won't fix fragmented updates....

Also, it would be great if the GF's had ability to export/import form configs, storing them in the plugin folder, so you can revert to a good copy if something like this happens.

Posted 14 years ago on Friday January 22, 2010 | Permalink
  7. It was an issue that was caused by the Redirection plugin, and several other plugins written by John Godley (the author of the Redirection plugin). His plugins were universally stripping the slashes that are used to escape special characters which is a VERY BAD thing to do, causes issues with Gravity Forms and opens up your WordPress site to SQL injection attacks.

We are going to implement a check on the meta information and return a message if it appears to have been tampered with. Once implemented, it will tell you there is a problem and your changes won't save until the conflict has been resolved and corrected.

The Gravity Forms form builder makes extensive use of AJAX and if a plugin universally strips the slash used to escape special characters this causes major problems for the data that is being post via AJAX.

WordPress has built in special character handling, we rely on this special character handling as does any well written plugin. Any plugin that is tampering with that is not only poorly written but also a serious security vulnerability.

John Godley updated the Redirection plugin last last night to remove this issue and it is available now on the repository. I brought the issue to Mark Jaquith's attention and that helped things to move quickly once Jaquith realized the type of security vulnerability this introduced to anyone using these plugins.

1.4 will introduce the ability to import/export forms.

8. thehorse

Awesome, thanks Carl... on top of things again!