PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

incorrectly expiring

  1. I've got a form with a 80 entry limit and an expiration date in June. There are currently 28 entries, and the form is displaying the entry-limit message instead of the form fields.

    The form was used last year and edited to for this year. All the old entries were removed, dates reset, and it worked fine up to 28 entries.

    The other forms we edited and reused are starting to have the same problem. I need to fix this asap, what can I do? Copying the forms is problematic since it's our orientation registration setup and we've gone full-swing into it.

    Posted 7 years ago on Wednesday May 2, 2012 | Permalink
  2. I went in and copied the forms without the entries and replaced the calls from the pages. This worked for a day, and now these forms aren't showing up either. I ran the upgrade and saved settings thinking it might clear whatever the problem is. Nothing is helping.

    Posted 7 years ago on Friday May 4, 2012 | Permalink
  3. Hey Shelley, it sounds like your entry count is out of whack for some reason.

    Ho were the old entries removed? By manipulating the database directly or by deleting them in the entry manager within the Gravity Forms admin in your WordPress dashboard?

    What we are going to need to do is debug this issue directly on your site and we'll need to be able to inspect the database directly due to the nature of this issue. I can't replicate the issue locally and we don't have any other users reporting it... so it's not something we have encountered before.

    Send me the following information via email:

    - URL of the site
    - WordPress admin login
    - Login for PHPMyAdmin or whatever web based database tool you use

    Email me the information to carl@rocketgenius.com and we can investigate what is going on so it can be resolved and get things working correctly for you.

    Posted 7 years ago on Friday May 4, 2012 | Permalink
  4. I removed them in the admin. I try to stay out of the database. This is a mission critical network setup. Playing in the guts is ill advised.

    I'm emailing you all the details you've asked for. I've got a plugin posting a maintenance mode message to anyone not logged in, so you'll have to get in before you can see anything.

    Posted 7 years ago on Friday May 4, 2012 | Permalink
  5. This issue turned out to be much simpler than we thought it was after banging our heads on the table trying to figure out why it wasn't working correctly.

    Why is it displaying the entry limit message despite the fact entries were deleted so the entry limit should no longer be reached?

    Page Caching.

    The caching solution you are using is returning a cached version of the page that was cached when the entry limit had been reached.

    Turning off the page caching corrects this issue and the form is displayed correctly.

    You need to be careful when implementing caching solutions that don't take into account content that is dynamic. This is a good example of a situation where page caching can cause problems. It's good in some situations but not all.

    I would suggest looking into how you configure your caching solution so that not every page is cached so that pages such as this where the content is dynamic and not static are not being output via cache.

    Posted 7 years ago on Friday May 4, 2012 | Permalink