PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

jQuery version 1.3.2 still included with Gravity Forms. Why?

1. ssteinerX

Wordpress itself now includes (as of 3.0.3 anyway):

* jQuery JavaScript Library v1.4.2

Why does Gravity Forms, which seems to work fine with the latest jQuery 1.4.2 included with Wordpress 3.0.3, still include such an old version? Presumably it will only be used when no other jQuery version has been queue'd up by anyone else?

Is there any supported Wordpress configuration where Gravity Forms actually has to include its own jQuery? Seems like jQuery's been in WordPress by default since at least 2.8 and the version must be at least 1.3.2.

I'm pretty sure this is just cruft that should be removed; it serves no purpose.

Unless it does under certain limited circumstances. Could it be replaced with jQuery 1.4.2 in those circumstances?

Thanks,

S

Posted 13 years ago on Monday December 27, 2010 | Permalink
  2. Gravity Forms utilizes and enqueues the jQuery that ships with WordPress.

I'll have to look into why jquery is still packaged with the plugin. There has to be some reason why it is still included, i'm just not 100% sure what that is off the top of my head. If not, we'll definitely look at removing it.

Posted 13 years ago on Monday December 27, 2010 | Permalink