PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Microsoft Outlook 2007 displays entire SMTP message in the body!

1. StephenMeehan80

I've have downloaded and installed the latest version of Gravity Forms (gravityforms_1.4.4) on my test site, I have a problem though. It's with Microsoft Outlook 2007 on the PC.

Outlook displays the entire SMTP message in the body (content, headers, mime sections) rather than actually rending just the content based on text or HTML version. See below for a example of my latest test email. I've replaced my email address with xxxx to avoid spam.

It's strange that Gmail, hotmail, Mail (on the Mac) and Thunderbird (on the Mac) display the emails fine.

Is this anything you know about? I really need this sorting. I'm happy to pay you (anyone) to take a look at this ASAP.

Here's the URL: http://contactformdemo.d3-creative.com/?page_id=7

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Wed, 3 Nov 2010 22:41:58 +0000
    Message-ID: <abd444670f6872ebea593712cd076c86@contactformdemo.d3-creative.com>
    X-Priority: 3
    X-Mailer: PHPMailer (phpmailer.sourceforge.net) [version 2.0.4]
    Reply-To: xxxxx@d3-creative.com
    MIME-Version: 1.0
    Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit
    Content-Type: text/html; charset="UTF-8"

Mr.StephenMeehan

d3creative

Demo 2

<p>This is demo text</p>

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Posted 13 years ago on Wednesday November 3, 2010 | Permalink
  2. StephenMeehan80

I discovered the problem was Outlook doesn't like email from forms on subdomains. I guess the from email address and the domain address need to match.

I've since tested the same form on a domain that matched the from email address and it worked fine.

I hope this helps anyone with a similar problem.

Posted 13 years ago on Thursday November 4, 2010 | Permalink