PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Notifications Bug When Upgrading to 1.7?

  1. There seems to be a bug when upgrading somewhere between Gravity Forms versions 1.6.12 and 1.7.2 where the settings for Notifications are not properly converted over.

    I had just launched a website and everything functioning properly when I tested the forms. Shortly after, I upgraded Gravity Forms from 1.6.12 to 1.7.2 when I noticed I was not receiving my test submissions through forms. I looked at the Notification settings and saw that fields were empty or contained incorrect values where they were fine before.

    I tested another website I have been working on at the same time on a development domain and came across the same issue. This time I took screenshots...

    This screenshot illustrates the previous version of Gravity Forms I was using (1.6.12) and the version I upgraded it to (1.7.2): http://imgur.com/a/0z7i6#fjSgR8w

    Here are the settings for the Calendar form before upgrading: http://imgur.com/a/0z7i6#jWLjxfx
    ...and after: http://imgur.com/a/0z7i6#p3Ok7VS

    Here are the settings for the RG form before upgrading: http://imgur.com/a/0z7i6#gigZgD5
    ...and after: http://imgur.com/a/0z7i6#FVNIkvl

    The forms tested fine before upgrading, and nothing else was changed after upgrading. I am running the latest versions of WordPress and Genesis.

    I do not require support. I just wanted to raise an alert about this issue since it could be quite detrimental to users if it is not caught.

    Posted 6 years ago on Thursday May 9, 2013 | Permalink