PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Notifications not working properly in 1.4.2

1. Anonymous
    Unregistered

I have just upgraded to Gravity Forms 1.4.2 from 1.3.x and now the notifications are not working correctly.

If I have just admin notification turned on, nothing gets emailed.

If I have admin and user notification turned on, the USER notification is used for both the admin and the user.

I have deleted my old form and re-created it from scratch and this still did not help.

Can you please look in to this ASAP as I need the two notifications to be different.

http://dmttoysdirect.com.au/contact/

Posted 13 years ago on Monday September 20, 2010 | Permalink
  2. Anonymous
    Unregistered

Anyone? ...please??

3. Anonymous
    Unregistered

It is just the ADMIN NOTIFICATION that is not working.

The USER notification is NOT being sent as the admin one. That was a setting I had with my mail forwarding. (sorry for the wrong information above)

I still cannot get the ADMIN notification to send at all though - I have tried everything.

Can someone please help me with this - or at least let me know if this is a known bug with 1.4.2 - or at lest let me know you have read this. I am a paid up Gravity Forms user, and part of that was to have access to forums and help... so please help.

I do not want to have to downgrade to version 1.3.x again as I am loving the new AJAX functionality of version 1.4.2

Thank you, Sam.

4. Morten Knudsen

I have a form running for a client with a notification for the user (order form for sandwich) - and a admin notification (so that the sandwich get's produced :-))....

all is working well with 1.4.2

5. @frysteen Who hosts the email address you are sending the admin notification to? Is it is a Google Apps hosted email address? Try testing with another email address from another email provider and let me know how it goes.

6. Anonymous
    Unregistered

Hi Carl,
    It is not a google email address. I have tested with both my personal email address and .me email address with no luck.

I am using the same email address for both the admin and user email notification also (while in testing) but only the user notification email comes through.

I might have to try uninstall the plugin completely (delete the folder and all) then re-upload version 1.4.2 instead of having 1.3.x on there and updating like i did this time.

I will let you know how I go.

Thanks.

7. Anonymous
    Unregistered

Sorry guys.... turns out I am a bit stupid.

I was using my live email address that is hosted through another server, but I am also working on a new website on the same server as this form using my domain name, so the server was hanging on to the emails at it thinks it holds the domain name.

It only just dawned on me.... a little late as I completely deleted and reinstalled gravity forms (hehe).

Everything is working fine (apart from my brain)... thanks again for your help.

Sam

8. LOL. It happens. Thanks for the update and we're glad you got it working.

Posted 13 years ago on Tuesday September 21, 2010 | Permalink