PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Object [object Object] has no method 'textareaCount'

  1. Hello,

    Let me preface my problem briefly: Our client loves the "Pluto" theme. Unfortunately, due to the nature of the theme, it is incompatible with largely everything that utilizes jQuery; to my displeasure, that includes gravity forms (I have no doubts it is the theme; it has thrown a hissyfit with many plugins). After a few hours of attempted debugging, I realized the situation was beyond my capabilities and decided to do something I consider to be pretty unorthodox and fairly "ghetto".

    I made a separate install of wordpress on the same server, requested bots to not crawl it (It is effectively private), installed gravity forms and stripped everything but the "content" to display on the pages.

    Now, on the main site with the "Pluto" theme, I "iframed" the gravity form on the other hidden site to make it appear as though it were on the main site. SEO problems aside, I encountered an error on the private site:

    Uncaught TypeError: Object [object Object] has no method 'textareaCount'

    For reference, the private site is located here: (It's going to be impossible to see the labels this way; it's white on white). The datepicker isn't working correctly and I'd bet it has something to do with this javascript error.

    I ensured that jQuery was called correctly in the header (1.9.1). If any direction could be offered on how I should tackle this problem, I'd greatly appreciate it. If more detail is needed, let me know.

    Thank you in advance.

    Posted 8 years ago on Wednesday May 22, 2013 | Permalink
  2. Richard Vav

    I would wager that you forgot to add the wp_head(); and wp_footer(); php hooks which are required by plugins like Gravity Forms that way they can include the scripts and stylesheets required to work correctly.


    Posted 8 years ago on Wednesday May 22, 2013 | Permalink
  3. Embarassing, but yes; I did forget both of those calls. Upon adding it in, it seems the styling looks much, much better.

    Afterwards, I noticed the scripts were still spitting out the error mentioned above. I observed that my Jquery call was in an odd spot though; I moved it to the top of "header.php" and everything seems good now.

    Thank you for your help.

    Posted 8 years ago on Wednesday May 22, 2013 | Permalink
  4. Richard Vav

    You're welcome, I am just glad you got it sorted.

    Posted 8 years ago on Wednesday May 22, 2013 | Permalink

This topic has been resolved and has been closed to new replies.