PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Oops! We could not locate your form.

  1. Help! I developed a site for a client on my development domain, including several lengthy forms, using Gravity Forms. When I moved the site to the actual domain, I get the error, "Oops! We could not locate your form." in place of all the forms.

    The forms all show up in the list of forms in the WP Dashboard > Forms > Edit Forms, but if I attempt to open any of these forms to edit them, the editor starts over, with a new, blank form.
    Any help would be more than appreciated, since the site is now live... with broken forms!

    Posted 10 years ago on Friday October 2, 2009 | Permalink
  2. How did you move the site data? Sounds like something isn't right with the database.

    Can you create new forms? Do they create, save and function fine if you do?

    Posted 10 years ago on Friday October 2, 2009 | Permalink
  3. You will want to try and export the form related data from the dev server and re-import it into the production server. It sounds like some of the data got corrupted when you migrated it.

    Posted 10 years ago on Friday October 2, 2009 | Permalink
  4. Actually, this has happened on two different sites. Same thing happened last week.

    Here are my steps for migrating WordPress sites from an old domain to a new one:

    1. Copy all files to the new server/domain.
    2. Export the old MySQL database to my desktop.
    3. Open the .sql file and find & replace all instances of 'olddomain.com' with 'newdomain.com'.
    4. Import the new .sql file into the new database on the new server.
    5. Update the wp-config file to point to new database.
    6. Test site. (Normally works without a hitch.)

    This time, since the site is on the same server, I just continued the old database, using SQL commands to only replace 'olddomain.com' with 'newdomain.com' within the wp_posts table. Seems to be working. But this won't work for sites moved to a different server altogether.

    Posted 10 years ago on Friday October 2, 2009 | Permalink
  5. So you followed these steps outlined above and the forms aren't working?

    So you can't export and import the data from the Gravity Forms related tables again because the database didn't change, you only changed data in the wp_posts table?

    Posted 10 years ago on Friday October 2, 2009 | Permalink
  6. The steps I outlined above resulted in the forms not working. The second fix I outlined (replacing the URLs in the wp_posts table only) worked.

    Somehow, doing the global find and replace in ALL tables resulted in the forms not working. I didn't think that the Gravity Forms plugin data contained the URL, but apparently it does... or something. Anything to do with the key?

    Posted 10 years ago on Friday October 2, 2009 | Permalink
  7. Shawn,
    The problem you were experiencing was related to the form meta data. It is stored in JSON format and this format is very sensitive to changes because it contains the character count for every field. If the field changes, the character count must also be updated. When you changed the domains, it basically corrupted the meta data for the forms and that resulted in the issues you saw. The form meta data includes the notification strings, the form confirmation Url and many other settings, so your domain was probably included in one of them.
    I am glad you were able to figure it out and get it working.
    Thanks for the support.

    Posted 10 years ago on Saturday October 3, 2009 | Permalink
  8. where would you change the character count? i'm moving the forms from a test domain to a live domain and i don't want to have to recreate 10+ forms on the new domain? how else would you suggest we move the forms in way that won't corrupt the JSON data?

    Posted 9 years ago on Monday June 21, 2010 | Permalink
  9. Unfortunately I don't have a foolproof way of exporting/importing forms. In theory, you would just export/import the wp_rg_form and wp_rg_form_meta tables (without changing anything in the sql script), and then make whatever changes you need to make using the Gravity Form editor in the new domain.
    The problem is that sometimes phpMyAdmin will leave extra slashes and corrupt your form meta during the export.
    What I would recommend is trying to export/import the two tables above (wp_rg_form and wp_rg_form_meta) and see how that goes. Make sure not to change anything in the exported file before importing it.

    Not a great answer, but this is all I have right now.

    Posted 9 years ago on Monday June 21, 2010 | Permalink